GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   GTRForums News & Rumors (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/)
-   -   GTR custom exhaust systems (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/gtr-custom-exhaust-systems-1275/)

Cpais 07-29-2008 11:22 PM

GTR custom exhaust systems

We did two GTR's today, one was with a 3" stainless exhaustand the other was with a 3.5" stainless exhaust. We used all V-band clamps on it and it sounds incredible. I took these great pics of it (so I thought) and had no memory card in the camera. I will snap some more photos when the cars come back for there next round of work.

GTRcHaRgEr 08-03-2008 05:25 PM

What was the outcome between the 3 inch and 3.5?

rmatt8748 08-04-2008 06:22 PM

yeah? more info please

the0ne 08-06-2008 09:08 PM

video?

Cpais 08-12-2008 08:34 PM

The sound was the major difference, they both were tucked nicely under the car. the 3" system used the dual tips like factory and the larger system used a single tip tha the customer supplied. Both cars were dropped off and shipped back out to the customer the next day. I believe they went from us to get some body kits done now, the customer for these cars is in Maryland and we are in NY. I will get some photos after the body kits are done and hesaid he would video it on the dyno when they are done with the bodywork.

I will take some photos of the cars that we are installing coil-overs on in a couple of weeks, I will keep you up to date. Sorry we have no dyno figures but we were pressed for time as we were on a very tight deadline with the cars.

ZOsixTT 09-19-2008 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by GTRcHaRgEr (Post 7448)
What was the outcome between the 3 inch and 3.5?

About .5 inches worth, j/k :smilie_th

evelution77 10-22-2008 02:21 PM

There are a few tuners that are already making 600 hp with just exhaust and ecu tuning on these cars. Only problem is passing emissions with the new pipes.

TheBlizzard2009 10-22-2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by evelution77 (Post 8038)
There are a few tuners that are already making 600 hp with just exhaust and ecu tuning on these cars. Only problem is passing emissions with the new pipes.

shouldn't be an issue, pending the state only does the onboard computer check. I went catless in my SE-R, just passed emissions last month, since they only do OBDII check here in MA. Sure if the guy took the time to do a visual, maybe something would have appeared to be missing, but i'm sure there isn't much kick back on the $29 inspections these days to bother. Had i been 1995 or older, i would have had the sniffer test...

I'd be more curious to see what the 600hp is doing to the mpg's, as once broken in, the stock mpg's are excellent for what the vehicle is producing.

Rodrigo 10-22-2008 05:13 PM

Can't wait to see the pics and hear of the power gains achieved.

200+mphdude 11-14-2008 08:11 PM

My opinion on this is that the 3" should be more than plenty. The turbos on the R35 aren't too big and 3" is enough for making more boost and getting more flow. I can't wait to see the results (3" vs 3.5"). Unless the turbos were bigger I wouldn't personally put 3.5"..just my opinion.