GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   GTRForums News & Rumors (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/)
-   -   2010 GT-R V-Spec hits the Nürburgring (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/2010-gt-r-v-spec-hits-n%FCrburgring-1087/)

NERDJustBNME 04-17-2008 07:09 PM

2010 GT-R V-Spec hits the Nürburgring

Insideline.com once again has the "exclusive" spy video of the 2010 GT-R V-Spec tearing up the Nurburing again. After watching the video I've already had two of my clients tell me to hold their deposit for the V-Spec! With the promise of lighter components and more horsepower I'm sure it will be worth the wait.....

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..3.*

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

GTRNate 04-17-2008 10:27 PM

Great video...

My thoughts are and I am sorry but all I saw was another huge mark-up driving around on the Nurburgring again. It is sad but this thing will be gouged just like and much more than the standard one is and made to be impossible to get. I kind of wish that they had just left the GT-R in Japan at least that way it was really almost impossible to get. Now it is right in front of my face but dealer greed (Coined as "Fair Market Value") is keeping me and many others from it just the same as the oceans separating the continents were before.

Those are just my thoughts and frustrations with a tad bit of negativity added for effect.

I was optimistic before but now I can see that the GT-R will remain my dream car that I always wanted but never could quite grasp. I refuse to surrender to the greedy dealerships will. Call it pride, call it stubbornness or even self inflected torture but I will not pay a penny over MSRP...

Mean while my cash money that I would have put on the GT-R is making me money in various forms of markets. I guess that it might all be for the betterment of my pocket book in the end. I love capitalism, but this is outright rape and I feel like a "victim". I hate playing the role of a victim....

End Rant....:mad: :mad: :mad:

-Nate

solsearch 04-17-2008 10:37 PM

Great video, but for the car is out of reach for another 2years down the road.....

CharlesJ 04-18-2008 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by solsearch (Post 6155)
Great video, but for the car is out of reach for another 2years down the road.....

Well, more like a little over a year. 2010 should come out next summer

gogoevo 04-18-2008 07:06 AM

Well hopefully the demand for the V-Spec will stifle the demand for the standard model. I have already decided to wait until next years run, but, if dealers get their act together I may look at the V-Spec. I have also read that the V-Spec will be even more limited for what it's worth.

rmatt8748 04-18-2008 08:30 AM

vspec = holy grail of GTR's?

otakm45 04-19-2008 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 6177)
vspec = holy grail of GTR's?

Perfectly said!!!

rmyers 04-22-2008 05:28 PM

When I saw that video, it confirmed what I suspected. I was told by a local dealer that 1600 GTR are being built this year but only 800 next year. I could not understand why they would ship fewer next year. Now I know. It will probably be 800 GTR's and 800 Spec-V GTR's. He probably didn't want me to wait. This dealer by the way was only ordering Premium models and the markup is 10k with some 2500.00 factory wheels. I think I will wait to see just how this markup thing pans out.

rmatt8748 04-22-2008 09:14 PM

yeah, as for vtech pricing, we're a still a bit out, but this is moving faster than we think, and we'll have information pretty soon

remember where we were 3 years ago... the gtr was just a twinkle in a few of our eyes, now it's a reality

so let's not get ahead of ourselves

otakm45 04-22-2008 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 6256)
yeah, as for vtech pricing, we're a still a bit out, but this is moving faster than we think, and we'll have information pretty soon

remember where we were 3 years ago... the gtr was just a twinkle in a few of our eyes, now it's a reality

so let's not get ahead of ourselves

Whooaaa I think you meant to say VSPEC not VTECH...lol please don't compare it to any VTECH (Very Technically Engineered Crap) ;).....(joking around)!!!!