GTR How Tos | Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how to, ask in here.

Wide body kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:42 AM
GTRForums Guru

Wide body kit

1. Flare the wheel well, and bend to the desired shape

2. Place fiber and resin on top of flared metal, then place the wheel arches on top. I used 5 sheet metal screws to keep it inplace, then use fiberglass hair for the bonding, don't forget to scuff up with 100 grit where ever you are bonding.

3. The body work begins.
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit-wide-body-flare.jpg   Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding1.jpg   Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding2.jpg   Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding3.jpg  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:55 AM
GTRForums Guru

Some more pics
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding4.jpg   Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding5.jpg   Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding6.jpg   Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding7.jpg  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:03 AM
GTRForums Guru

As you can tell it started to rain. I'll take some more updated pics when I can.

Been pretty busy, sorry so late.
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit-wide-body-bonding8.jpg  
Old 05-28-2006, 02:25 AM
GTRForums Guru

Still working on it. I am doing most of the work outside, and the weather has not been all that great.

Completed a little more work on the arche, but also mounted the rear spoiler. Cut about 10lbs of weight from the trunk lid, every bit helps. Then bonded the spoiler to the trunk lid. Spoiler was cut to save weight as well. Stock lid weighs around 22lbs, with the spoiler bonded to it, it weighs in at 23lbs.
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit-tony-001.jpg   Wide body kit-tony-006.jpg  
Old 06-03-2006, 07:19 AM
GTRForums Guru

Latest pics
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit-tony-027.jpg   Wide body kit-tony-024.jpg   Wide body kit-tony-033.jpg   Wide body kit-tony-035.jpg  
Old 06-03-2006, 11:13 AM
GTRForums Guru

Few more
Attached Thumbnails Wide body kit-gtr-v8.jpg   Wide body kit-tony-036a.jpg   Wide body kit-tony-043.jpg  
Old 06-03-2006, 10:14 PM
GTR Senior Member

so where are you located? doesn't look like the USA to me. you in England?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:28 AM
GTRForums Guru

Yep, logistics is a b!tch
Old 06-10-2006, 05:07 PM
GTR Member

Tony,

Wow, very cool ( and gutsy) work! Must have been hard to start cutting on a GTR like that?

Looks like you are making good progress. I can't wait to see more pics! That will be one very unique GTR when finished!

I like your signature too! After driving a lot of cars at the track, the R32 GTR was my favorite as well. I really liked my C5 Corvette but the GTR was just so much more nimble. Mine was a 1991, so I can only imagine what it must have been like when it was new. If I go back to Japan, I'm definitely getting at least one more...

-AL
Old 06-10-2006, 10:02 PM
GTRForums Guru

Originally Posted by HellBent
Tony,

Wow, very cool ( and gutsy) work! Must have been hard to start cutting on a GTR like that?

Looks like you are making good progress. I can't wait to see more pics! That will be one very unique GTR when finished!

I like your signature too! After driving a lot of cars at the track, the R32 GTR was my favorite as well. I really liked my C5 Corvette but the GTR was just so much more nimble. Mine was a 1991, so I can only imagine what it must have been like when it was new. If I go back to Japan, I'm definitely getting at least one more...

-AL
Cutting was easy, I was already at the point of no return when I bought the shell

Unique, that I what I am shooting for. A muscle GTR if you will.

I have said it before, when you just look at 1/4 numbers, and what the car will do on the dyno, it just does not give you what a complete pleasure it is to drive one.

I'll keep updating this site, from time to time.

Quick Reply: Wide body kit