GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/)
-   -   So who's got one?? (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/so-whos-got-one-1261/)

chosunman 07-26-2008 02:15 PM

So who's got one??

With the GTR's out almost 3 weeks now, I guess no one you guys on this forum have one so far. Where is that guy on this forum who was proclaiming that he had signed an notorized agreement with his dealer to purchase one at MSRP, I don't see that guy on anymore.

rmatt8748 07-26-2008 06:15 PM

yah, there have to be people on here with theirs...

maybe they're too busy driving to post up

jmsrx 07-28-2008 01:55 PM

It's funny that I have seen more posts on forums stating that they either have one that they are selling (flipping) or have an order spot that they are selling. I have not seen a single owner write up on the vehicle itself. I wonder how many people just bought one to sell?

shahulx 08-07-2008 02:50 PM

i own mine... bought 8/5/08

no plans of flipping...just driving

ultima00 08-07-2008 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by shahulx (Post 7495)
i own mine... bought 8/5/08

no plans of flipping...just driving

Post some pictures :smilie_th I'm aiming for early next year when the hype dies down a bit and hopefully I can get one at a reasonable price.

CraigCecil 08-07-2008 05:43 PM

I have one available

I am a Nissan Sales Rep. and I have a new 2009 Red Exterior and Light Gray interior

Contact me if interested, 760-585-6695

Craig Cecil

GTRcHaRgEr 08-29-2008 05:06 AM

I noticed alot of people have been flipping even before they get the car!

TRAKCAR 08-29-2008 05:51 PM

I have one...Unfortunately for sale now. Wish I was driving it for a while..

I ordred a GTR and a Porsche GT3 RS at the same time, figuring the Nissan will arrive 6 months toi a year early. A nice Porsche GT3 came along that I just could not pass on, so the GTR must go.

It is in my garage now, next to the GT3 and it is a very hard decision.
Some people say that the looks not it's best asset, but I totally disagree, it is such a visual impact and knowing that it can back it up make it look fantastic to me!!

GTRjoe1 08-29-2008 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by chosunman (Post 7348)
With the GTR's out almost 3 weeks now, I guess no one you guys on this forum have one so far. Where is that guy on this forum who was proclaiming that he had signed an notorized agreement with his dealer to purchase one at MSRP, I don't see that guy on anymore.

See my report on my new GTR (I like it!)
http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showthread.php?t=1287

Catapult5 08-30-2008 07:08 AM

Mine showed up at the dealership yesterday. Black on black premium, it defiantly was a great experience, pretty dirty but beautiful. When I got there all the techs including the GT-R tech came out. I found it funny that the tech actually made a few comments about LC. I won't pick it up until tuesday (part of the deal with the dealership), but man I can't wait.

22 miles on the odometer so at least that fear didn't turn out to be true.

sentrazac 09-04-2008 09:23 PM

How did your pickup go Catapult and how are you enjoying the car? I got the call yesterday that mine is ready and I'm flying out to get it and make the 800 mile drive home tomorrow. Well worth 800 miles to get the car at MSRP as promised. While tempting to flip it, I know I would be totally disappointed driving something else after being behind the wheel of this thing for 800 miles, so it will be in my garage for a long long time. I will post a link when I put up pics and what not... Probably Sunday since I'm spending the night in Phoenix Friday night and finishing my drive on Saturday.

Catapult5 09-05-2008 06:01 PM

The pick up was great, had to go fill up after then got right on the highway, even at 50% pedal it gets up pretty fast. My tech said that the car was already broken in and that he hadn't heard that there was any break in period so it was in R mode pretty quick. :D

Enjoy it, it is defiantly a special car.

sentrazac 09-06-2008 10:16 PM

Thanks man, one of the best days of my life yesterday, not quite as good as getting married or either of my 2 kids' births, but after that, not many I can think of as good as taking delivery on this car at MSRP. Thank you Melloy Nissan in Albequerque, NM. Well worth the 800 mile drive home. They were GREAT to work with and very honorable for a car dealer. Best new car buying experience I've ever had really. I got it from their internet fleet department and worked with the guy that runs it that department, Gus, and he's a good guy. Was a fast and fun drive home, stopped off in Phoenix for the night at a friend's before heading back out the rest of the way to San Diego. Here are some pics after I cleaned the bug caked front end up when I got home:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture098.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture096.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ure093edit.jpg

Briik 09-08-2008 11:10 AM

wow it looks great in black, nice choice. :smilie_th Much better than any of the other colors, esp the super silver IMO.

Catapult5 09-08-2008 06:37 PM

I also have black but it is raining and I haven't been able to make it look great yet.

ultima00 09-08-2008 06:49 PM

Congrats. Black is one the best looking color when kept clean. (I must be the only one who don't like Super silver though). Maybe they will come out with a blue next year :bluegrab:

Keep the pictures coming guys :smilie_th

Catapult5 09-08-2008 06:58 PM

Actually I didn't like the silver because I felt it wasn't worth the extra 3k. Also, if there is every any problem with the paint it would be next to impossible to fix.

sentrazac 09-12-2008 01:45 PM

Thanks Ultima :) I wasn't to keen on the silver myself. $3k extra, and honestly, it just doesn't look as good as a nice black or gunmetal. This thing will be fun to try to keep clean though, that's for sure, not to mention spiderwebbing, etc, but I just had to go with the black!

Catapult5 09-12-2008 08:48 PM

I really like the black on most cars and I really love it on my car. Haven't been able to keep it clean because of rain from the hurricanes. You can't go wrong with black on any car but it looks great on the GT-R.

chosunman 09-26-2008 03:45 PM

I couldn't wait any longer, picked mine up yesterday. Already put 300 miles on the car since then. The car is a beast, no disappointments whatsoever.

http://www.evilmechanic.com/forums/u...1222468489.jpg

http://www.evilmechanic.com/forums/u...1222468580.jpg
http://www.evilmechanic.com/forums/u...1222468618.jpg

ultima00 09-26-2008 05:26 PM

Nice. What is your impression of the Super Silver color? Alot of people say its differnent in person.

chosunman 09-28-2008 10:18 AM

Super silver looks like liquid metal, beautiful car. I was about to purchase a black one they had on the showroom floor, but the paint job quality looks about the same as their low grade nissan cars. I mean, I put light scratches in the paint just by brushing away a smudge on the hood.

ultima00 09-28-2008 10:35 AM

The one thing that would keep me from getting SS is that when you get scratchs/accidents,etc, bodyshops would have one hell of a time matching the paint given how the paint was applied in multiple layers from the factory. I am hoping Nissan would introduce a blue one.

Catapult5 09-28-2008 10:57 AM

With the rumors of SS going out next year I could see blue being offered but I don't know if it will work on the R35. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

ultima00 09-28-2008 11:04 AM

Yeah, I was initially surprised that Nissan didn't offer a blue at the outset, you'd think its one of the more common color with white/black. Electron blue (EM1 civic si, Evo's) and Sapphire Blue (MK4 Supras) is one of my favorite blues out there.

Catapult5 09-28-2008 08:55 PM

I wonder if they will make it V-Spec specific or something, I would like to see it.

chosunman 09-29-2008 07:29 AM

I think nissan has always offered their electric blue in the R33 and R34 variants in the past. With the rumor that the SS is going to be discontinued, would that cause an increase in the demand of that color, being rare and all?

Catapult5 09-29-2008 06:34 PM

I stayed away from SS because of, like ultima said, of the matching color hell. It will become more rare but for collectors more or less alone.

celsius 10-01-2008 04:05 AM

I got one coming...Premium / gunmetal.

Catapult5 10-01-2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by celsius (Post 7899)
I got one coming...Premium / gunmetal.

Congrats you won't be disappointed.:smilie_th I love the gunmetal color and may go with it in case of V-Spec.

GT-R OWNER2B? 10-01-2008 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ultima00 (Post 7849)
Nice. What is your impression of the Super Silver color? Alot of people say its differnent in person.

Is this Super Silver color a "limited" production color for this car?
If so, does anyone know how many or what percentage of them there will be.

ultima00 10-01-2008 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by GT-R OWNER2B? (Post 7921)
Is this Super Silver color a "limited" production color for this car?
If so, does anyone know how many or what percentage of them there will be.

Yeah, its a $3000 option. The color is applied in (if I remember correctly) 7 layers. However, it is rumored to be discontinue next year though.

celsius 10-02-2008 12:56 AM

IMHO, the extra price that they charge for the Super Silver is completely bogus! Granted that it's hand finished, but ANY detail / body shop can hand finish any color to make it have that "show shine" for LESS!!

chosunman 10-02-2008 03:42 PM

No, the polished look is actually in the paint. Looks similiar but not as polished as the GTR showcar which made it's ranks among the autoshow circuit earlier this year.

celsius 10-02-2008 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by chosunman (Post 7931)
No, the polished look is actually in the paint. Looks similiar but not as polished as the GTR showcar which made it's ranks among the autoshow circuit earlier this year.

Sorry, but I actually painted cars before and I know it's because the clear is polished. The "Silver" may have a different type of metalic in it, but the clear is what makes the paint shine! You should take your car to any paint shop and they will verify it.;)

chosunman 10-03-2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by celsius (Post 7937)
Sorry, but I actually painted cars before and I know it's because the clear is polished. The "Silver" may have a different type of metalic in it, but the clear is what makes the paint shine! You should take your car to any paint shop and they will verify it.;)

The paint option is more than just a simple "polishing" of the clearcoat. The paint itself is a "SEVEN-COAT" paint process, the polishing comes after. The difference in the process comes from the paint process, not the simple act of polishing. But let me say that I saw the Gunmetal in person yesterday, awesome color!!