GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/)
-   -   Post Pictures of your GTR (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/post-pictures-your-gtr-1587/)

Racer M 04-18-2009 10:13 AM

Post Pictures of your GTR

3 Attachment(s)
Here is mine... had it for about a month now.

Just finished first mods: Volk GT30 Phantom wheels 20 x 9.5 F, 20 x 10.5 R, clear corners, smoked tail lights, Eibach springs.

Coming soon: Toyo R888 rubber, custom fabricated exhaust (stainless), JRZ coilovers, Haltech engine management, bigger turbos, and a bunch of carbon fiber! I am also going to have a stronger 1st gear fabricated.

-Matt

Attachment 2331
Attachment 2332
Attachment 2333

gearheadbill 04-19-2009 11:52 AM

Your GTR

Very nice!!, the black wheels- size, Looks like your on your way to having real rocket ship there.
Here in Naples we finally have started to see quite a few GTRs,it has taken a while though,matter of fact had a Black one blast off accross the street from me and cut right in front of me,don't know if he thought I was turning or what?
Bill

gilly6993 04-19-2009 03:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
not the best pics, but....

Attachment 2329

Attachment 2330

SharpGTR 04-21-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Racer M (Post 8539)

Just finished first mods: Volk GT30 Phantom wheels 20 x 9.5 F, 20 x 10.5 R, clear corners, smoked tail lights, Eibach springs.

Coming soon: Toyo R888 rubber, custom fabricated exhaust (stainless), JRZ coilovers, Haltech engine management, bigger turbos, and a bunch of carbon fiber! I am also going to have a stronger 1st gear fabricated.

-Matt

Looks awesome with the custom wheels. Is that Titanium?

Racer M 04-23-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by SharpGTR (Post 8551)
Looks awesome with the custom wheels. Is that Titanium?

Thank you! The color is Gunmetal Grey, the Titanium color has more of a Gold hue to it which I didn't like as much.

BAYRAID3R 05-12-2009 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Racer M, The rim and eibach combo looks amazing. How much drop did you get with the new springs and how is the ride quality now?

Umibozu 05-13-2009 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Racer M (Post 8539)

-Matt

nice car. what tires will you run meanwhile? from my understanding that the R888 won't be released in 20" until later this year.

Racer M 05-13-2009 12:33 PM

Running on stock runflat crappy tires for now. R888 will be available in June according to my source!

Racer M 05-13-2009 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by BAYRAID3R (Post 8584)
Racer M, The rim and eibach combo looks amazing. How much drop did you get with the new springs and how is the ride quality now?

drop was 19.6mm front, 12.25mm rear

ride quality is pretty similar to stock, rough, even on the comfort mode which is what I always drive in on the street. only way to soften the ride (which is what I am assuming youre curious about) is to go with a nice coilover setup (JRZ is the best) and take all the compression and rebound out for the street. then when you go to track the car, you can dial in a good setup there. unfortunately, even with the factory adjustable dampers, the car is pretty harsh for a daily driver unless you live somewhere where the streets are as smooth as a track. I live in LA so I am up sh*ts creek without a paddle :)

Racer M 05-13-2009 05:54 PM

GTR FANATIC!!! Funny...

2 Attachment(s)
thought some of you guys would find this funny... I was in the bay area last weekend and wanted to take some pics of my Godzilla up the viewpoint road in Marin just off the 101 by the Golden Gate bridge. While I was up there, some kids drove up that were GTR fans and one of them had a "GTR" tatoo on his forearm and he had just got off a plane from Japan (he had it done there). I love the car too but a tatoo... man thats a fanatic for sure! LOL...

check it out

Attachment 2307

Attachment 2308

-matt