GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/)
-   -   Msrp (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/msrp-576/)

Silversurfer 03-12-2007 11:33 AM

Msrp

I did a search and did not find a definitive answer....

Does anybody know what the MSRP will be for the new GTR?

08Skygtr 03-13-2007 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silversurfer (Post 3302)
I did a search and did not find a definitive answer....

Does anybody know what the MSRP will be for the new GTR?

Put my order in and the figure I was told was about 70k. That is about as much info as I got. My guy at the dealer said he would give me updates as soon as he got them. I'll pass info along as it comes in on the site.

shahulx 03-13-2007 08:24 PM

no body know... im hoping just under $70k... I too have a deposit down....but from back when they were saying 60k... so...fingers crossed

shadz 03-14-2007 11:09 AM

I recently read in a tuner mag (not sure which one, I read so many), that the GTR MAY go for $100K in Japan. I really hope it doesn't get that high, but we shall see in the coming months.........:uppydown3

02HREBlue 03-14-2007 06:24 PM

EVERYTHING is more expensive in Japan. I can honestly say in my own opinion that $100k sticker for the car would make it too much in most peoples eyes, unless it is far more exotic than they are leading on, such as extensive carbon fiber, and LOTS more horsepower. I think we can expect high 70 thousand range, plus options, and 80k not out of the realm of possibility. Many high performance cars are in that range now such as the Z06, Viper, RS4, and many to come. I don't even feel it is possible for it to be in the 60k range unless stripped or detuned. Hate to disappoint, but will stand by my guesstimates here. I am still buying one. Dealer and broker "adjustments" are a given.

:):)

HellBent 03-15-2007 10:27 PM

Mid $70K is a very reasonable estimate. Nissan has made it clear in no uncertain terms that their target is 911 turbo performance at bas 911 price.

Things could change, but I think they will offer it at base 911 pricing at least the first year to get the bang for the buck nod. Most likely will raise the price there after.

As for getting one at MSRP within the first year or two... dream on. I think availability will be scarce at best since it is a world introduction. Dealers will want to hold onto the cars to draw people to the showroom. I forsee $10k mark-ups easily, if the C6 ZO6 was any indicator.

-AL

02HREBlue 03-16-2007 12:50 PM

I totally agree.

CharlesJ 03-24-2007 06:41 AM

I am betting the ranch on somewhere in the 80s. May have a base of just under, but thats were I strongly believe it will be from all the info I have seen

'ringmeister 03-24-2007 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 3345)
I am betting the ranch on somewhere in the 80s. May have a base of just under, but thats were I strongly believe it will be from all the info I have seen

-havent seen anything to support that, what info are you referring to?

2007scooby 07-05-2007 01:07 AM

the GTR evolution will be in the mid to high 90,000 range msrp.
the v spec will be considerbaly less aorund 80,000
and the base will be around 65,000

all those numbers should be around the ball park, article has been released.
i've spoken to nissan corp since my dad is a production magager there.

the GTR evolutions will be LIMITED. exclusive and limited. expect it to be liek a Z06, limited production. as for the v spec and base, they will be mass produced.

as for me, i will be purschasing a base when it is released. i'm not in the ood for the DSG tranny, and since the base is the only one with the 6spd, i'll opt with the base and build my way up.
i didn't need to put a deposit down, since i'll be purchasing it directly from nissan corp through my father, which also means that i don't pay tax! i pay the straight msrp. or at least that is what i was told. we will see what happens and i'll keep everyone updated. its going to be some time though, but i'm very eager to get it so i can turn my Sti into my track car.

hope this helps guys.