General General forums for the GTR community.

Is this the highest mark-up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 PM

Is this the highest mark-up?

I was at Garden Grove Nissan this morning getting a key and fob for my 01 Sentra SE. I went to their garage and saw a premium silver GTR. The mark-up on the car was $35,000

Has anyone seen higher than this? Will anyone buy this car with the markup?

The total cost of the car was a stunning $110,540

I took a pictures. Sorry for the poor quality
Attached Thumbnails Is this the highest mark-up?-gtr.jpg   Is this the highest mark-up?-35k_markup.jpg  
Old 08-24-2008, 11:26 AM
GTR Senior Member

It just takes one idiot to pay this for the car and that is what the seller expects, someone will end up getting it.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Catapult5
It just takes one idiot to pay this for the car and that is what the seller expects, someone will end up getting it.
Exactly. Keep in mind its not even been a couple of month since the car was released here. Dealers know they can get these price if they hold out, and they're not in a hurry to sell either as the car does bring in more traffic to the dealership.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:09 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ultima00
Exactly. Keep in mind its not even been a couple of month since the car was released here. Dealers know they can get these price if they hold out, and they're not in a hurry to sell either as the car does bring in more traffic to the dealership.
That is also true, some people will go to the dealership just to see the car and not have any interest in buying it, they may, however see that new maxima and like it enough to buy it. Also the owner may want to have it for himself but he might as well see if anyone will buy it for an extremely high price.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:50 PM
GTR Member

If your patient and take the time to call alot of dealerships you will be able to find one at msrp. I found a couple of them and the GMs are making sure they are getting more than what they have since they sold all their allocated ones.