GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/)
-   -   hennessey performance GT-R!!!! (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/hennessey-performance-gt-r-996/)

mindlessoath 03-25-2008 05:40 AM

hennessey performance GT-R!!!!

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

cant wait for the parts list and details! this will be awesome1!!

rmatt8748 03-25-2008 08:56 AM

yeah, i'm curious too

i'll keep it in mind

mindlessoath 03-25-2008 10:29 AM

anyone going to call them?

otakm45 03-25-2008 12:51 PM

I'll definitely give them a call once I have my GTR in hand. By the way I was at the dealer preview for the NY auto show, and all i have to say is that I should of worn a diaper because I almost you know what. The car is beyond beautiful, when you sit in the drivers seat you feel like a Formula 1 driver.

CharlesJ 03-25-2008 02:23 PM

Knowing what they do, I am sure we are going to see a 1k hp GTR in the future. Should be pretty crazy...and pricey

Lue 03-26-2008 07:29 PM

I'm sure we'll see people *****ing because they've sent him thousands of dollars gotten ripped off with boxes of junk parts and a car that has no more horsepower than a stock car. Hell, maybe even less.

rmatt8748 03-26-2008 08:06 PM

I'm sure we'll see people *****ing because they've sent him thousands of dollars gotten ripped off with boxes of junk parts and a car that has no more horsepower than a stock car. Hell, maybe even less.
why's that?

cumadogg 03-30-2008 03:22 PM

Research any Viper or SRT8 forum and you will

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 5648)
why's that?

find countless of people that have had those experiences - lost thousands and thousands of $$$, worse performing vehicles, vehicles in the shop for months and months on end - it goes on and on. Some forums I have read, Hennessey himself posts and, well, how should I put it......... He's not earning any more customers from how he acts. I would NEVER send my hard earned $$ or any vehicle of mine to him - ever.

mindlessoath 03-30-2008 04:13 PM

dang. thats good to know. im glad more than one person responded to that.

i guess he is only good for the one trick pony that is his showcase car. selling parts isnt his specialty.

cumadogg 03-30-2008 05:26 PM

This was what I found in about 5 minutes of looking

and trust me, there's a lot more out there. Just FYI - I wouldn't want to see anyone get their GT-R to turn around and get it ruined -

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622
(he has since been banned from this forum)

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anyt...tswingers.html
(disclaimer - there is some language)

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17015

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/gen...own-board.html
(very entertaining read)

rmatt8748 03-30-2008 10:58 PM

that's too bad, but i guess reaffirms the points of these forums, as a wealth of knowledge.

and from knowledge comes power/security

GTRNate 03-31-2008 12:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up on "John Hennessey". Based solely on his own posts I will never purchase a part from him. I used to think highly of that name. Now I think of him as a criminal.....

-Nate

Atlblkz06 04-01-2008 08:37 AM

If you send your GTR to Hennessey, I will come over and kill you myself.

rmatt8748 04-01-2008 02:11 PM

jeeze

winkie 04-01-2008 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 5774)

Opinionated are we?;)

althani 04-01-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by GTRNate (Post 5756)
Thanks for the heads up on "John Hennessey". Based solely on his own posts I will never purchase a part from him. I used to think highly of that name. Now I think of him as a criminal.....

-Nate

++111

same here
________
DT-2

Posey075 04-01-2008 03:44 PM

Just from what i read id like to know how he keeps in business with all of his raging rants because it is very unprofessional and nothing i would have ever expected after all of the magazines and etc. that i have seen his work featured in over the years...im just surprised that word hasnt spread around enough that everybody knows the way he truly is

cumadogg 04-01-2008 06:44 PM

In my opinion I think they are noticing

Originally Posted by Posey075 (Post 5783)
Just from what i read id like to know how he keeps in business with all of his raging rants because it is very unprofessional and nothing i would have ever expected after all of the magazines and etc. that i have seen his work featured in over the years...im just surprised that word hasnt spread around enough that everybody knows the way he truly is

I don't think he receives as much press as he has in the past - word is getting around

Posey075 04-02-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by cumadogg (Post 5785)
I don't think he receives as much press as he has in the past - word is getting around

oh alright thats good then

Atlblkz06 04-02-2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Posey075 (Post 5783)

Thats easy, just go to viperalley and read his foul-mouthed posts.

I respect what he has done with the Vipers, but if he think hes God's gift to the tuner's world, he can eat $&*! and die. He talks crap about others without any basis at all. I cant stand him. :waglleybo

Posey075 04-02-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 5793)
Thats easy, just go to viperalley and read his foul-mouthed posts.

I respect what he has done with the Vipers, but if he think hes God's gift to the tuner's world, he can eat $&*! and die. He talks crap about others without any basis at all. I cant stand him. :waglleybo

yeah the word is definately getting around on the forums but I meant that im just surprised that word hasnt spread around more outside of the forums

Atlblkz06 04-02-2008 10:46 AM

Oh oops, guess I didnt read it right!

Well there is really no way to tell. Everyone talks good things about em, and what can be more terrifying than an 8.4L big block with 2 hulking turbos and 4 digit dyno numbers?

As someone said, the mags still talk well about him.

I'm sure hes a good tuner, but too bad hes an ******* to boot!

Posey075 04-02-2008 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 5795)
Oh oops, guess I didnt read it right!

Well there is really no way to tell. Everyone talks good things about em, and what can be more terrifying than an 8.4L big block with 2 hulking turbos and 4 digit dyno numbers?

As someone said, the mags still talk well about him.

I'm sure hes a good tuner, but too bad hes an ******* to boot!

haha yeah i guess i couldve made myself a little more clear but oh well...he is definately an excellent tuner cuz everything in the mags and everything else explains for itself with the numbers he puts up and how well they perform but then again im just going by what is said in articles and shows...theres a fine line though when it comes to being an ******* and being unprofessional about it

SodyClack 04-30-2008 07:50 AM

Wow, it seems Hennessey is getting a pretty bad wrap, I have heard alot of the stuff that has been going around and about all the drama in the past. We have done business with the guy since 98 and he has always delivered on time with much satisfaction. We had a 08 Viper shipped to him and come back to us with a 650RR package in less than a week. We are getting 2 GTR's and both are most likely going to Mr. Hennessey himself. You guys can say whatever you want but when it comes down to numbers he does hold the world record for the standing mile !! Even through this tuning drama you have to admit he knows how to tune a car.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2322/...3b370f.jpg?v=0http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/...d725bb.jpg?v=0

Catapult5 05-22-2008 05:13 PM

Well from what I understand is that he takes care of his Texas friends but outside of TX you are "fair game"

winkie 05-22-2008 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by SodyClack (Post 6298)
Wow, it seems Hennessey is getting a pretty bad wrap, I have heard alot of the stuff that has been going around and about all the drama in the past. We have done business with the guy since 98 and he has always delivered on time with much satisfaction. We had a 08 Viper shipped to him and come back to us with a 650RR package in less than a week. We are getting 2 GTR's and both are most likely going to Mr. Hennessey himself. You guys can say whatever you want but when it comes down to numbers he does hold the world record for the standing mile !! Even through this tuning drama you have to admit he knows how to tune a car.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2322/...3b370f.jpg?v=0http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/...d725bb.jpg?v=0

Good to hear some positive stuff...we look forward to see what they can do for the GTR!

rmatt8748 05-22-2008 09:00 PM

Well from what I understand is that he takes care of his Texas friends but outside of TX you are "fair game"
any backup or examples of this?

basicallyevolve 05-22-2008 09:21 PM

I say wait for

http://www.haltech.com/

check it out.

They already ran an 11.1 at 124 mph with just an ECU and have not finished tuning it.

Wait a few weeks and they will release it.

Catapult5 05-23-2008 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 6585)
any backup or examples of this?

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.

This is from the second page of the Cherokee STR8 thread.
Here is the link

rmatt8748 05-23-2008 03:48 PM

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.
that really sucks, why difference in customer treatment? distance and you can't complain as easily to his face?

Catapult5 05-23-2008 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by rmatt8748 (Post 6594)
that really sucks, why difference in customer treatment? distance and you can't complain as easily to his face?

From what I've read on forums the guy is perfectly happy making baseless insults about anyone online, even admins. Others say that he is really nice in person until he gets your money. Then he uses your money to buy a home and doesn't finish the car.

rmatt8748 05-23-2008 08:24 PM

From what I've read on forums the guy is perfectly happy making baseless insults about anyone online, even admins. Others say that he is really nice in person until he gets your money. Then he uses your money to buy a home and doesn't finish the car.
that sucks, you hear so much about his cars and then find this stuff after idolizing his work for years

EXTREME 06-06-2008 03:48 AM

Hennessy is very expensive, and many people had negitave feedback about him. I had a friend who bought a JEEP SRT8 Turbo from Hennessy, and it was just a BS for the price he paid!! $27K for turbo kit...its for nothing!!
others tune/mod thier cars with less than $10K and their cars are faster than Hennessy JEEP SRT8. you may check at Cherokee forums.

I would not buy from him a single part. I would rather keep my GTR stock if he is the only one in the world to mod GTRs..

Plus since when he knows about GTRs? its just BS

lets wait a bit, and i am sure a good tuning shops will come back with many things for us.

captain ron 06-06-2008 09:13 AM

those guys do good work, i've always been a fan. Can't wait to see what they come out with for the R35

Granatelli 04-20-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 5774)

Ok so my point exactly. What do I do if I want to make my GTR run faster - Hennessey, setting aside the rep, wants $37,000 to basically change the turbos, change injectors, add a mid pipe and exhuast system and reflash the ECM:confused:

How do you make these cars like 50hp better without spending 20% the value of the car?

I dyno'd mine made 400 and 400 3 times in a row