GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/)
-   -   Don't launch your GTR....too much! (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/dont-launch-your-gtr-too-much-1340/)

Catapult5 10-02-2008 05:04 PM

Don't go too crazy with the exhaust as it frees up a lot of air and can actually hurt performance or cause over boost/boost cuts. I'm going with high-flow cats once cobb releases them so they can be tuned with my accessport.

celsius 10-02-2008 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by chosunman (Post 7930)
Finally got it to work. I don't know if theres a program that won't let it work before 750 miles on the odometer, but its working great now. I haven't actually launched it, but if I hold the brakes, the motor stays steadily at 4.5k. Now I'm just waiting for that Z06 guy in my neighborhood to line up with me on the road one day, just kidding.

Does any other members here have that annoying whining sound coming emiting from the car. Sounds almost like radio interference. I also feel as the the mid-range to upper rpm power delivery falls off compared to my old supra TT. I'm sure a nice hollowed out downpipe will cure that problem.

great! The whine is normal (kinda like gear drive?), its from that GR6 trans/diff unit.

chosunman 10-04-2008 09:34 AM

The whine is actually starting to grow on me, from outside, its got that old supercharger whine to it.

Attaus 10-09-2008 11:20 PM

Yes, that would be your transmission. You signed a clause saying you would not complain about it to Nissan, so it's good you're getting used to it.

As far as the DP goes, hope that it doesn't change any ECU settings, because that will void the warranty if you try to fix them. It sucks, but it's the truth.

That 100-150 number? Divide it by 10. I would never powerbrake that car, or any other automatic car other than a built TH350. It's just not a good idea. It's fast, yes, I knocked almost a second off my 60' time, but I also lost a transmission due to it.

Catapult5 10-11-2008 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Attaus (Post 7988)
Yes, that would be your transmission. You signed a clause saying you would not complain about it to Nissan, so it's good you're getting used to it.

As far as the DP goes, hope that it doesn't change any ECU settings, because that will void the warranty if you try to fix them. It sucks, but it's the truth.

That 100-150 number? Divide it by 10. I would never powerbrake that car, or any other automatic car other than a built TH350. It's just not a good idea. It's fast, yes, I knocked almost a second off my 60' time, but I also lost a transmission due to it.

The GT-R is by definition a manual because the lack of a torque converter. I will LC maybe once or twice just to see what it is like but nothing more.

evelution75 10-28-2008 03:44 PM

The engine revs to 4500 without the clutch engaged, then dumps it into gear and takes off. Power braking would mean that the wheels are receiving power during the process.