GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/)
-   -   Any Nissa dealers accepting deposits for Spec-V at MSRP? (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/general-8/any-nissa-dealers-accepting-deposits-spec-v-msrp-1115/)

TRAKCAR 05-02-2008 06:21 AM

Any Nissa dealers accepting deposits for Spec-V at MSRP?

I would put a deposit down to be first on the list when it does arrive. :smilie_th

Abny one know anything about the Spec-V introduction yet?

spt 05-02-2008 07:31 AM

I've called around myself and no one seems to have any idea. If the GTR was difficult to get for MSRP, I seriously doubt finding a Spec-V will be any easier.

TRAKCAR 05-02-2008 07:40 AM

I called no one has any idea, but all I am asking is to pay to get the first call...when they DO know.

Some dealers will never charge over MSRP (Reeves in Tampa for example.) but they do not sell Nissan.

I have read that some people got their GTR at MSRP for dealers who respect the MSRP and will sell them at that price. If I knew what Nissan dealers would accept the deposit, I do not mind buying out of state and put a deposit down to be first in line to get the call.

It seems I waited to long for the GTR and my Nissan would mainly be a track car, so the Spec-V seems worth waiting for.
If the stock, real GTR is doing the 'ring at 7:30, I can only immagine what 200 - 400lbs less might do with more power!!

spt 05-02-2008 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 6328)
I called no one has any idea, but all I am asking is to pay to get the first call...when they DO know.

Some dealers will never charge over MSRP (Reeves in Tampa for example.) but they do not sell Nissan.

I have read that some people got their GTR at MSRP for dealers who respect the MSRP and will sell them at that price. If I knew what Nissan dealers would accept the deposit, I do not mind buying out of state and put a deposit down to be first in line to get the call.

It seems I waited to long for the GTR and my Nissan would mainly be a track car, so the Spec-V seems worth waiting for.
If the stock, real GTR is doing the 'ring at 7:30, I can only immagine what 200 - 400lbs less might do with more power!!

I completely agree. I hope something works out for you. The Spec-V will be a great track car. If you find a dealer please let us know. I'll try to do some research too and see if there's a dealer taking deposits on MSRP. I'll post up any info if I get it.

TRAKCAR 05-02-2008 02:27 PM

Thanks, I would appreciate it!

I will not pay over MSRP for a car, if no Nissan will honor MSRP, than I will have to wait.

rmatt8748 05-03-2008 04:01 PM

i imagine waiting will be in order, although i imagine people who wait will never get to own a vspec

TRAKCAR 05-06-2008 08:09 AM

CARMAX sold all GTR's at MSRP.

All sold.

rmatt8748 05-06-2008 01:25 PM

carmax can't mark up as far as I understand,

those who got them are the few, the proud, the lucky

winkie 05-07-2008 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 6326)
I would put a deposit down to be first on the list when it does arrive. :smilie_th

Abny one know anything about the Spec-V introduction yet?

Welcome to the I wish club.

GTRNate 05-07-2008 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by winkie (Post 6386)
Welcome to the I wish club.

Winkie,

Can I join in on that club.... Because I wish too...:D :D :D

-Nate