General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR service periods...

Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 AM

GTR service periods...

Dear all,
I'm about to buy a Nissan GTR but unfortunately there are no Nissan GTR service centers in the country i'm planning to use it, i want to know how much is the car reliable ? i mean how often do you get to take your GTR to a service center for rectifying any errors or malfunctions ? will it run on low quality petrol say 94 Octane RON gas ? or it will throw codes and cut the power ?! i plan to use it for only 4 months here and then after will take it to another country, can i use the GTR for only 4 months without having any problem supposing the car not being driven that hard ?

Regards,
Farshid
Old 07-02-2010, 01:44 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by farshid_sh
Dear all,
I'm about to buy a Nissan GTR but unfortunately there are no Nissan GTR service centers in the country i'm planning to use it, i want to know how much is the car reliable ? i mean how often do you get to take your GTR to a service center for rectifying any errors or malfunctions ? will it run on low quality petrol say 94 Octane RON gas ? or it will throw codes and cut the power ?! i plan to use it for only 4 months here and then after will take it to another country, can i use the GTR for only 4 months without having any problem supposing the car not being driven that hard ?

Regards,
Farshid
Hi if it's a new one you have to adear to a running in period for 1200miles. Then have it performance optimised then you can unleash the power. Then it is service every 6000 miles. Would not recommend fuel below 95. Then if it has been driven very har depending on transmission temperatures you will have to have the driveline fluids changed. Would advise on finding a NHPC asap. Cheers
Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 AM

I am stationed at Fort Leavenworth and just completed my 30,000 mile service. After replacing filters, sensors, transmission fluid, realignment, radiator flush, transmission service, and front/rear differential servicing, the total came to around $1400 with tax. Kind of high, but the car is paid for, and it is 30,000 miles, so if you look at it from the perspective of your mileage and what you are driving, $1400 isn't that bad. If it was every 6,000 miles or so I might get a another corvette or another XKR, or maybe even a SL Merc. Not too bad in my opinion. If you wanted cheap servicing and maintenance you should buy a Corrola.

Consequently, I just did my income tax yesterday, and I am getting back $1285 dollars. So my refund covers the cost about 90%.